tool to visually organize information
Ideas grows on Trees
- shows relationships among pieces of the whole
- Paint the bigger picture
- Taking notes, writing = you are just transcribing and not thinking about it
- You need to organize it so that your brain can remember
- Sotring and Retrieving it from brain ⭐️
- Its very personal, one persons mind map may vary from other persons
- Because they might want to remember different things
- Do you store, sentences, paragraphs in your brain? I dont think so
- We store the connections, between topic at hand and things we already knew
- Kinesthetic learning
- ⭐️ Ask really really good questions?
- Schools are killing creativity
- Children are more creative because they are not afraid to fail
I have used 2 tools in particular for making mindmaps.
- Coggle - online service
- Freeplane - linux desktop app
- Free to use, unlimited mindmaps
- Easy templates like buzan, thesis outline, questions etc
- Limited 3 minidmaps
- looks beautyful
# Good Mindmap
- Draw only the things which are revant to your mind, its personal
# Can we do better?
Mindmap marketplace? Why not?
- mnemonic systems
- earning technique that aids information retention or retrieval (remembering) in the human memory.
- Mnemonics make use of elaborative encoding, retrieval cues, and imagery as specific tools to encode any given information in a way that allows for efficient storage and retrieval. Mnemonics aid original information in becoming associated with something more accessible or meaningful—which, in turn, provides better retention of the information.
← Jordan Peterson Music →